Friday, 13 August 2010

Books I Own and have Never Read

Yikes!

I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I last posted on this blog.

I decided this morning that I’d begin to regularly update it again. I’m all about setting myself different challenges at the moment and seeing as my self-portrait challenge ended earlier this month I’ve had some time to spare.

I made one self-portrait a day for a month. You can check them out in this video:





So, I guess I’d better start to catch up on what I've been up to.

I’m really obsessed with decluttering my life at the moment and that includes my book shelves so I challenged myself, back in March, to start reading my way through the massive To-Be–Read pile at my bedside. I’ve got books that I’ve been lugging around for over a decade which I’ve never read and I don't really want to have to lug them around again - if and when we move - not knowing what's inside them.

One little part of my T-B-R pile:

And that's just some of the non-fiction.

I decided to keep a record of what I’d achieved in this lens.

There’s still a long way to go - so many books here that I’ve just never read - it’s criminal.

I’ve read quite a bit of Jane Austen recently – including some of her Juvenilia and Northanger Abbey.

I love Northanger Abbey – and I love Kelly Fineman’s notes for it even more – they helped bring the story alive for me.

She’s also made notes on Persuasion, which I hope to read soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment