Sunday, 29 August 2010

New Books on the Shelves

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I received some delicious books which have all been on my wishlist for a while now so it’s awesome to actually own them.

First up is Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev.

I think I first heard about this book on Kelly Fineman’s Live Journal.

I finished it today and I’m looking forward to getting my hands on the sequel!

Eyes Like Stars is set in a magical theatre where all the characters who have ever lived exist.

There are a lot of references to Hamlet and The Tempest which I'd like to pick up and read again.

Check out the lens I made for Eyes Like Stars.

The second book I received was Susan Cooper’s The Dark is Rising Sequence.

I’ve never read any of Susan Cooper’s novels before. To be honest I haven't read any of the authors in this post before.

I believe The Dark is Rising was another recommendation from someone's blog that has been lurking on my wishlist for more than a year.

Third is Guy Gavriel Kay’s The Summer Tree.

I don't know anything about these two books although they looked like something I'd love. I'll get back to you when I've read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment