Saturday, 21 August 2010

A vision of the future

I keep hearing a lot about vision boards and having an image that represents your dream and keeping it where you can see it all the time.

It suddenly occurred to me – why not make a vision of my finished book?

When I originally started writing my novel I made loads of collages for every character and scene in my story (some were edited out several versions ago). These collages gave me a wealth of imagery I could draw on.

I picked two pictures that I thought summed my story up pretty well – a girl swimming and an image of some rocks and photoshopped them together, added the title of the story and my name and slapped it up on my computer desktop where I’m going to see it all the time.

Now every time I feel like giving up I’ve got this image to cheer me on. A vision of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment