Friday, 25 March 2011

Chapter 4 and I've finally got my main character to school


This week’s chapter was easier to start and I ended up writing quite a bit of it on Monday.

I set this image as this week’s prompt. A little abstract and random but I like the way we’ve been choosing more random things this time.

Last time we picked a lot of obviously fantasy-related images which were fun but I wonder whether they were leading us down one path too much.

I had a couple of ideas about what I was going to do with this week’s prompt – I figured maybe it could be a cloud-storm of rogue magic, or maybe an experiment from one of the school classes but when I started writing I ended up with something completely different - something that kind of hints at what might have happened to one of my characters in her past.

I also introduced a character I wasn’t planning on bringing into the story at this point - actually a character that I hadn't given much thought to at all before sitting down to write.

I’ve been feeling a little conscious of just writing short chapters at the moment and cutting scenes short but I have to remind myself that this is just a first draft and I still don’t entirely know where I’m going with this story. I’ll have plenty of opportunity to go back and add and change things later.

No comments:

Post a Comment