Thursday, 14 April 2011

Chapter 7 - Red Cave


Well, I got a little out of sync with blogging about my prompt novel recently but I’ve been managing to write it each week.

Just sat down and wrote out chapter 7 this morning. This chapter seemed to come quite easily and I’m pleased I’ve got some time to read it through and add stuff before we swap tomorrow.

This week’s prompt, chosen by the other Rachel, was this: http://www.ratemyscreensaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/cb22bild-4782.jpg

Which followed on nicely for me from the carved tree prompt last week – you wouldn’t think so but I wrote a story where the land was pretty much patched together with odd sunny spots and rainy spots and permanently night time areas so arid red earth can go next to a flourishing tree just fine.

It feels like the story is moving quite fast at the moment so I think when it comes to editing I’ll be going back and filling in more details. I haven’t really gone into my character’s home life enough because I was in such a hurry to get her off to school to meet certain other characters. I think she’s gone through quite a lot seeing as it’s still only the second day of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment